- A shipping broker can arrange for a CARNET: This is a Customs document which allows the owner to bring the boat into Canada without having to pay the VAT tax. Essentially it is a bond that the owner puts up.
- To ship the boat in a 40′ HiCube open top container, the mast can be cut into two pieces with a sleeve arrangement for re-assembly. There are mast shops in Europe who can do this.
- Preparations for shipping: simply need some type of cradle to set boat in, and tie down.
- Time required for shipment: Europe to Los Angeles is approx 28-30 days. Move container by ship to Vancouver another 20 odd day/Move container by railroad to Vancouver approx 10-12 days.
- Unload and Reload in Vancouver: Move to Yacht Club for races and back
- Return shipment and offload: reverse the steps
A ‘Hook to Hook’ service including these steps is being developed.
Please contact Peter Hofmann directly for shipping queries